ADSM-L

Checking in DRM tapes

1998-11-11 11:37:22
Subject: Checking in DRM tapes
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:37:22 +0100
Hi ADSM-ers!
I want to check in tapes back from the vault into my 3575 library.
I use the following command:

MOVE DRMEDIA * WHERESTATE=VAULTRETRIEVE    TOSTATE=ONSITERETRIEVE
CMD="CHECKIN LIBVOLUME 3575LIB &VOL STATUS=SCRATCH"
CMDFILENAME="/home/oper/checkin.mac"

This generates the file checkin.mac which contains the checkin commands.
When I start the macro the tapes mount request is generated and the
tapes are being checked in. However, because the tapelabel is being
read, each command takes a rather long time to complete. Adding the
CHECKLABEL=B parameter generates an error. For whatever reason one is
not allowed to specify a VOLNAME and this parameter at the same time
(why not???).
Is there any way to check in tapes while using the barcode?
I don't want to use the SEARCH parameter because this way an operator
can check in a tape which should not be checked in.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon