ADSM-L

Re: "standard" include/exclude files?

1973-06-03 08:01:03
Subject: Re: "standard" include/exclude files?
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 12:20:03 +22300819
While there may be no absolute "standard", there _are_ good
ideas ("exclude.fs /afs", for example, on AFS clients, and
"exclude.fs /proc").  There's no way I can expect random users
(e.g. faculty members who can barely log on) to make reasonable
decisions about what to back up, so I'll have to do the bulk of
the work for them.  And, since each machine is indihvidually
owned and operated, there's no rigid definition of filespaces,
either, nor (generally) is there anyone around who might be
remotely considered a sysadmin.

So - I can make these up myself, but I'd appreciate seeing what
others had come up with.  Would "adsm.org" be interested in
archiving what I come up with?

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu