ADSM-L

Re: atldd 3.2.1.0

1998-11-11 14:04:56
Subject: Re: atldd 3.2.1.0
From: Paul Bergh <pbergh AT ATT DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:04:56 -0800
To upgrade your 3494 Atape versions to the latest level which are Atape 4.1.7.0
and atldd 3.2.1.0 down load the bin files and run the inutoc command to create
the
table of contents.
 Atape instructions:

1. Power down the system
2. Turn off the tape drives in the library
3.Power up the system, drives will be defined
4. Remove the drives you can use a command or smit
5.deinstall the current atape driver
6. Install the new Atape driver
7. run cfgmgr

Other things to check for; Add your library host name and IP address to hostent.

To check your current software type ls-lpp Atape driver to check your adsm
software
type ls-lpp adsm.

also your ibmatl.conf  should be as follows

Lib Host Name    IP Address     Host Name of AIX  so it might look like this

   LM01             9.1.5.204               ibm6000

the above is only an example put the values in the colums that correspond to
your
system configuration.

There was also a question of how often to clean the tape drives. The default
value
is 500 Mounts, I typically set the cleaning at 300 mounts per drive and have had
no
problems. When the cleaning cartridges do 100 mounts they are automatically
ejected from the library by the library manager. You should have one cleaning
cartridge in the library for each drive.

Hope this helps, Paul