ADSM-L

ADSM & NT Terminal Server

1998-11-10 10:31:45
Subject: ADSM & NT Terminal Server
From: "Eggert, Randall" <REggert AT WIS.TWC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:31:45 -0600
ADSMers;

Have a user with a NT machine running Windows' Terminal Server w/thin Client
Solution.  They are preparing to purchase hardware to back this unit up
since ADSM will not work on this machine due to mapping issues.  One of the
local drives to be backed up is mapped to another drive letter.  ADSM sees
the two drives, each having the same internal label, and it refuses to back
up either drive.  Attempted utilizing DOMAIN M: N: & EXCLUDE W:\...\*.*,
each failing.  Even a manual backup specifying only "N:" fails.

ANS5126S - Filespaces with Duplicates names are not supported.  Please
unmount the duplicate filesystem.

I've talked with support about this and there is no solution within ADSM.
The mapped drive must be unmapped to back up D:.

The person responsible for the terminal server says this mapping is
necessary.  I am totally stupid on this, so I'm asking the group if this is
true, or has anyone having this software found a solution around it.

We are attempting to back up M: & N:
M: can be backed up, N: cannot due to W: having the same internal label

The drives map as follows;