ADSM-L

long running jpbs giving no feedback

1998-11-09 05:37:00
Subject: long running jpbs giving no feedback
From: "Hensel, Matthias" <Matthias.Hensel AT SCHERING DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:37:00 +0100
     Hello,

     often I am asked by users, wether their restores are running or
what's
     going on, because ADSM gives no feedback when doing long running
     restores using -fromdate -todate -ina etc.

     The only chance I see at the moment, is to go to dsmadmc and look
if
     the sessions are in the state "IdleW" or "Run" and ring back users
     saying "Yes ADSM is still running your job"

     Am I right, or is there (maybe) another way to bypass this annoying

     situation. Is there something announced to enhance in further
     versions?

     Matthias

     PS: Our server is AIX 4.2 at ADSM level 3.1.1.5