ADSM-L

Re[2]: Rubbish in FILEEXIT file

1998-11-09 05:36:42
Subject: Re[2]: Rubbish in FILEEXIT file
From: Chris Roelofs <Chris.J.Roelofs AT MAIL.ING DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:36:42 +0000
     Bruce,

     Thanks for the information, I found the structure in the Admin guide,
     I'm sorry for calling it rubbish ;-). The reason I asked is this: We
     monitor our ADSM servers with T/EC and this works fine. Because I want
     to see errors on the Tivoli receiver and I obviously do not see them
     in my TEC console, I decided to enable those specific errors for the
     fileexit receiver, and then have a Sentry filemonitor watch that file
     for the occurrence of an error. As it turns out, the filemonitor does
     not understand the file, so I'll have to come up with another way of
     catching errors on the Tivoli receiver.

     Are there any plans for a filexit2 receiver that writes one line of
     plain text for every event? (Nothing wrong with some wishful thinking,
     is there?)

     Bye,

     Chris