ADSM-L

Re: Rubbish in FILEEXIT file

1998-11-06 12:16:34
Subject: Re: Rubbish in FILEEXIT file
From: Bruce Huang <brucelee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 12:16:34 -0500
Chris,

The file exit record structure is listed in the Administrator's Guide.  The
file exit structure is the same as an user-exit event structure.  The structure
contains the event name, number, commethod, tcpip address, etc.  The main
reasons for writing the file exit event as a data structure are:

1:  Consistency with the user-exit
2:  Easier parse when the structure change in the future - you won't have
different line lengths, you simply read records.
     The fields themselves may change in size in the future, not just the
number of fields.

-Bruce Huang-
IBM ADSM Development
IBM ADSM Development

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 06/11/98 06:54:06