ADSM-L

Re: reclaim of tape volumes

1998-11-04 10:35:52
Subject: Re: reclaim of tape volumes
From: Herwig Evenepoel <Herwig.Evenepoel AT KB DOT BE>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 16:35:52 +0100
Hi,

You cannot use reclamation in version 2 for a single drive in one library.

Normally you execute the command : "move data tapename stgp=poolname"
With this command data will be moved from the tape to a storagepool
(disk if you have only one library, other tapepool in an other library)
If you move to disk, once the migration threshold has been reached, the data
that came from tape to disk will be migrated to the tapepool, which is the
nextstgp.
This nextstoragepool should be the same as the one in which your tape resides.

If your tape can contain 20 GB, your diskpool only 10 GB. Then you have to wait
till the reclamation % of your tape is high enough (70% of 20 GB=> 6 GB real
data on tape)
Ohterwise your diskpool will be full, has to migrate to a tape.
Then stop the process of move data and migration, dismount the tape. (dismount
vol ...)
After that when migration starts, a tape will be loaded from the tapepool which
is the
nextstgp.

Hope this is an answer.

Herwig Evenepoel
KBC Bank Belgium

rj.van.doggenaar AT FCS DOT NL on 04/11/98 13:26:00