ADSM-L

Usage of CHANGINGRETRIES option

1998-11-03 12:20:34
Subject: Usage of CHANGINGRETRIES option
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 12:20:34 -0500
You will have to change your backup copy group serialization value to dynamic
or shared dynamic to ignore the changes during the backup.  Dynamic will backup
the data file on the first attempt, even if the file is modified.  Shared
dynamic will backup the file on the last attempt even if the file is modified.

To backup Oracle databases online, you might want to try ADSMConnect Agent for
Oracle database.  If you are using O7, you can use Oracle Enterprise Backup
Utility in conjunction with the connect agent.  On O8, Recover Manager is
available for backup/restore/recovery of O8 databases.  The Connect Agent can
be downloaded for free for 60 days trial from ADSM web site:
http://www.ibm.com/storage/software/adsm

regards,
Thiha