ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent backup question

1998-11-03 08:32:36
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent backup question
From: Salvatore Greco <salvo AT REAPER DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 15:32:36 +0200
Hi Dell,

I have viewed the "activity log" for the Exchange agent (taken from the
example in the manual).

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Del Hoobler wrote:

|Also, if the EXCHFULL.CMD file starts the backup with the
|"START EXCDSMC /BACKUP:is,full  ...etc...etc" then the
|backup could still be running.  You should be able to check
|this by doing a "query session" on the ADSM server to see
|if the session for the backup is still running.
|The Exchange server will not allow two backups to be running
|at the same time for the same database.

Here is a copy of the parts that start the Exchange Agent backup:

c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentexc\excdsmc /backup:dir,full
/logfile:c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentexc\excsfull.log > %exc_dir%\excshed.log

c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentexc\excdsmc /backup:is,full
/logfile:c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\agentexc\excsfull.log > %exc_dir%\excshed.log

On a `query ses' it responds that there is no other session running other than
my admin session.

Any ideas ?

-- Salvatore Greco | salvo AT reaper DOT org | http://salvo.reaper.org