ADSM-L

NT/MAC Problems

1998-11-02 19:24:22
Subject: NT/MAC Problems
From: Mark Reschke <M.Reschke AT ITS.UNIMELB.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 11:24:22 +1100
Greetings,

I have installed the new Fixtest for NT (3.1.0.5L) in the hopes that it
would fix the "Active object not found" error message on the three servers
we have that currently run MAC file systems.  On one of the three servers it
has worked beautifully and is backing up all the MAC files without a
problem.  On the other two servers (same installed versions both past and
present) with the same options files the error message "Active object not
found" is still appearing.  Have tried to uninstall all the ADSM client
versions, tried changing the options files.  Does anyone have any
suggestions or ideas as to how I can get all three backups working again.
Could someone please post a list of what clients need to be installed with
what options to get 5L to fix this problem.  Any assistance is greatly
appreciated.

Regards,
Mark.

Mark Reschke