ADSM-L

Re: How to break up a large tape storage pool

1998-11-02 13:36:20
Subject: Re: How to break up a large tape storage pool
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 13:36:20 -0500
In <8FE5933BB8DBD111803F00805F9F74BD01E135C0 AT ictmail10.kochind DOT com>, on
11/02/98
   at 09:53 AM, "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM> said:

>Hello All,

>I have the wonderful task of breaking up a very large storage pool into
>smaller ones.  What is the best way to do this?
>How can I get the data that is already on tape to the new storage pool?

>Anthony Jones
>Koch Industries, Inc.
>Platform Technologist
>316-828-2432

If you are on version 3, and if your current pool is collocated, you can do
this.

1. select * from volumeusage order by nodename
2. make move data commands for each volume
    move data <volser> stg=<one of your new pools>.
I assume you have some scheme to relate nodenames to the new pools.

If you aren't on v3 you can use the undocumented 'show volumeusage'. If you
aren't currently collocated, ummmm ....
Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab