ADSM-L

Re: I/O error on 3570 tape

1998-11-02 09:59:23
Subject: Re: I/O error on 3570 tape
From: Ferron Brown <ferronb AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 09:59:23 -0500
I/O errors don't necessarily mean that the tape had the problem.  It could be
the tape drive (dirty heads, etc.).  I would make the tape available (read
write) and monitor the tape (act log) and if the tape has the same problem,
then I would change that tape, if another tape has the same problem and the
activity log represent that it was in the same drive that your last time
access, then I'm almost positive that your tape drive has a problem (minor).
Thanks

Ferron L. Brown
IBM Global Services
Storage Management/ADSM
919-543-7277 (external)
441-7277 (tie line)
Pager #: 800-946-4646 PIN 6048038
Email: ferronb AT us.ibm DOT com

To handle yourself, use your head; To handle
others, use your heart.