ADSM-L

Re: Can WinNT client installation be automated?

1998-10-30 18:06:05
Subject: Re: Can WinNT client installation be automated?
From: "Mapes, Mark" <MWM4 AT PGE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:06:05 -0800
Wanda,

What you and Richard Sims have said got me to re-read the manual.  In the
notes on DSMSERV RESTORE DB command, this is what it says:

Notes:

  1.If the original database or recovery log volumes are available, you
issue only the DSMSERV
    RESTORE DB command. However, if those volumes have been lost, you must
first issue the
    DSMSERV FORMAT command to initialize the database and recovery log, then
issue the
    DSMSERV RESTORE DB command.

So, you are right, I should be able to restore without the salvage
utilities.  Hope this make the process go faster.

Thanks.

Mark