ADSM-L

Re: LOADDB fails

1998-10-30 17:26:49
Subject: Re: LOADDB fails
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 17:26:49 -0500
ROLLFORWARD only works if you have a valid log, but that doesn't apply in
your case.
RESTORE DB  restores the DB back to the point the backup was taken; you
shouldn't need the ROLLFORWARD capability in a controlled situation.

I have moved an ADSM data base from one ADSM NT server to another this way.
I did a BACKUP DB.
Then I installed ADSM on the new machine, configured the DB to the right
size.
Then I copied the devconfig and volhist to the new machine,
then DSMSERV RESTORE DB worked like a champ!
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert