ADSM-L

Re: Long filenames vs. 8.3 filenames

1998-10-30 14:29:42
Subject: Re: Long filenames vs. 8.3 filenames
From: Bob Brazner <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:29:42 -0600
Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  The problem appears to be in the registry.  It
looks like some 16-bit apps register their critical files under their
8.3 name, not their long name.  So, after you do a restore, the restored
registry will most likely not have the correct tilde numbers since I
agree with your assessment that Win 95 will reassign tilde numbers for
the restored files on a first come first serve basis.  How does ADSM
expect me to get the registry back in sync?  Am I missing something
here?  Are we the only shop running 16-bit apps?  What about REGREST...
does it have provisions for dealing with this problem?

Bob Brazner