ADSM-L

Can WinNT client installation be automated?

1998-10-29 19:43:05
Subject: Can WinNT client installation be automated?
From: "James R (Jim) Owen" <Jim.Owen AT YALE DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:43:05 -0500
We would like to provide a "canned" (essentially promptless) WinNT client
installer to install a "standard" ADSM client configuration on our typical user
desktop machines.  Are there any (un?)documented setup options or other means
(prompt-response file?) to preselect the choices that the ADSM client install
shield normally presents to the user?  If not, has anyone figured out how to
script a standardized WinNT client installation.  I didn't find any information
in the V3.1 "Installing the Clients" guide.

Jim.Owen AT Yale DOT Edu (203.432.6693)