ADSM-L

Re: Question about MOVE DATA command

1998-10-29 09:24:27
Subject: Re: Question about MOVE DATA command
From: "Robert A. Burdick" <rburdick AT METLIFE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:24:27 -0500
I had a similar "Challenge" . I set up my storage pols with collocation
disabled. Later on down the road, I found it difficult to manage restores
as ADSM was asking for a bizilion tapes. I later enabled collocation and
used the move data command to sort everything out.
MOVE DATA (Volume name) STGPOOL=(SOME OTHER STG POOL)
after the files on the volume were moved, I ran MOVE DATA  again
MOVE DATA (New Volume name) STGPOOL=(Original STGPOOL).

Sounds like this approach may help you...
Hope it does

Regards,
Robert Burdick