ADSM-L

HELP - hung reclamation

1998-10-28 08:54:24
Subject: HELP - hung reclamation
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 08:54:24 -0500
I'm running v3.1.1.2 on AIX 4.2.1.  I have one 7337 (DLT) tape
library with 2 drives.  Have had trouble with tape pool reclamation
interfering with the scheduled migrations in the past, so now run it
manually.

Started one yesterday, which looked like it should finish well before the
nightly stuff.  It didn't, and now appears to be stuck; both tapes are
still mounted and marked "IN USE", but no progress is being made.  I've
tried to cancel the process, but it won't go away.  I find _nothing_ in the
activity log or any of the error logs to indicate what's happened.  The
tape volumes haven't recorded any errors, the db and log reports look fine,
and both db and log have plenty of free space.

Two questions: how do I get the reclamation process to die, and what could
have happened to cause this?

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu