ADSM-L

Re[2]: ADSM/MVS Server Recovery

1998-10-28 00:04:09
Subject: Re[2]: ADSM/MVS Server Recovery
From: Frank Rehor <Frank.Rehor AT CLOROX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 21:04:09 -0800
     Dwight,

     I'm curious about your approach. After you fire up adsm and define the
     additional DB's what do you do?  Stop adsm and submit a batch dsmserv
     restore?  I ask because in the ADSM V3R1 MVS Admin Guide, page 387,it
     says: "Attention: do not start the server until after you restore the
     database.  Starting the server before the restore would destroy any
     existing volume history files."

     Later,

     Frank Rehor
     The Clorox Services Company