ADSM-L

Scheduler not contacting to client

1998-10-26 11:20:00
Subject: Scheduler not contacting to client
From: Howard Gallant <Howard.N.Gallant AT LLOYDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:20:00 +0000
     Hello there,
        We are experiencing a problem with the scheduler on ADSM server not
     contacting the client. Both server and client are ADSM v2 with the
     server running on AIX 4.1.5 and the new clients running on AIX 4.3.1
      The new nodes were registered ok and backups work ok, but when we
     schedule backups they are not getting through...
                 ANR2561I Schedule prompter contacting N9ETH0 (session 282)
      to start a scheduled operation.
                 ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client
     N9ETH0 using type 1 ( E' Y8 1501).

                 ANR8213W Session open with  1H timed out.
        Could this be caused by the 2 different versions of AIX ? , if not
     any ideas?

     Howard Gallant
     Lloyds of London
     Howard.N.Gallant AT lloyds DOT com