ADSM-L

Re: Lost VCR data

1998-10-23 09:37:41
Subject: Re: Lost VCR data
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:37:41 -0400
> >I am having trouble with tapes that have 'Lost VCR Data'
> >The drives are Ok - There are no read / write errors
>
> The 'Lost VCR Data' is typically a drive microcode problem, and doesn't
> necessarily manifest itself with errors reported to the host.
> As always with tape drives, make sure your drives are at the latest
> microcode level.             Richard Sims, BU

The problem of not rebuilding the VCR data is occurring at the latest
microcode level (OP=HANDLELOSTVCR).  The tapes are fine.  If you move the
data off of these tapes, and reuse them, they will then be fixed.  I have
sent drive dumps and device driver traces to Tucson for this.  What
microcode level are you at?  And what model 3570's do you have ?  B's or
C's.  Mine are C's.

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,