ADSM-L

ADSM performance

2015-10-04 17:52:22
Subject: ADSM performance
From: Ken Chamberlain [SMTP:ken.chamberlain AT UTORONTO DOT CA]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Another question...

I've seen recommendations in this list forum advising ADSM administrators
run the ADSM server with a large enough buffer pool so that cache hit
percentage is about 98%.  When I issue "q db f=d" it reports:

             Buffer Pool Pages: 128
         Total Buffer Requests: 354,376,322
                Cache Hit Pct.: 89.48
               Cache Wait Pct.: 0.00

So I guess we're a little low on buffer pool, and I've noticed daily copy
pool processing and disk to tape migration is taking longer and longer.
I've asked our unix support guy to look into upping buffer pool, but he's
come back with "How?".  So my question is: How/where do we specify buffer
pool size?  "q db f=d" reports it at 128 pages but where do we specify 128
pages?  This must be a default.

Ken Chamberlain
University of Toronto
Phone:(416) 978-1582
Fax:  (416) 971-2085
E-mail: ken.chamberlain AT utoronto DOT ca