ADSM-L

Recovering Data Lost to Defective Media

1998-10-22 12:19:34
Subject: Recovering Data Lost to Defective Media
From: "Costello, Shaun" <Shaun_Costello AT VBH DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:19:34 -0400
ADSM server: 2.1.5.18
Platform: AIX 4.1.4
ATL: IBM 3494
Tape Device: 3590

I'm new to this forum - so have mercy if this has been covered in the recent
past.

In my efforts to get a complete EXPORT NODE I have identified in the
activity log four (4) volumes that are either "unavailable" or
"inaccessible" to the EXPORT NODE process. A couple of these volumes I have
already identified as having defective media - the others are simply lost.
This of course means that I do not have a complete/successful EXPORT NODE.

My question is this: Through what command or process do I use to identify
those volumes in my offsite tape copy pool that hold the data I need to
recover?.

Thanks,
Shaun