ADSM-L

Re: NT full restore problems

1998-10-21 11:21:22
Subject: Re: NT full restore problems
From: Bob Gleason <Bob_Gleason AT IDG DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:21:22 -0400
---------------------- Forwarded by Bob Gleason/IDGCORP/IDG on 10/21/98
11:31 AM ---------------------------

Jeff Heather
10/21/98 10:35 AM

To:   Bob Gleason/IDGCORP/IDG@IDG
cc:

Subject:  Re: NT full restore problems  (Document link not converted)

Fred,

We recently conducted a "bare metal restore" test of an NT Server system.
After several unsuccessful restores, we succeeded by doing the following:
1)  Rebuild NT with a primary NT partion and a restore partition
2)  Reload the ADSM client on the restore partition
3)  (from the restore partition) Run a full restore of the system from the
client gui
3)  Boot into the primary NT partition
4)  Open the ADSM command line client and run the "regrest entire" command
5)  Reboot into the primary NT partition

Following these steps, we were able to successfully restore all of our apps
and all of our registry settings.

Jeff Heather
International Data Group

Bob Gleason