ADSM-L

dsmserv restore db failing

1998-10-18 22:40:35
Subject: dsmserv restore db failing
From: Bill Nowlin <bnowlin AT PRIMENET DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 19:40:35 -0700
Hello,
I have been testing DRM on Solaris 2.6 running ADSM 3.1.2.0 and I can't
get ADSM to see the db backup tape. The library is a STK9730. I'm am
attempting to perform a full ADSM disaster recover test. All of the
hardware is the same hardware as the original configuration. Here is the
scenario....
SUN E450
Solaris 2.6
STK9730 library 4/28
The original ADSM was 3.1.1.3 off the CD. I downloaded ADSM 3.1.2.0 and
applied as per instructions.
I ran "backup db type=full devc=dlt7000"
then "prepare". I also backed up devconf and volhist but this is
captured in "prepare".
I then shutdown ADSM and removed the server package and database, log,
and data files.

Time to restore....
I installed ADSM 3.1.2.0 from the download and immediately got a message
that this was an evaluation copy.
I removed this and installed from CD. I performed NO configuration at
this point(maybe this is where the problem lies).
I then followed the upgrade procedures for 3.1.2.0. Upon completion I
started running the restore scenario. Everything worked fine up to the
point of restoring the database from tape.
I placed the database backup tape in slot 1 of the library and ran
"dsmserv restore db todate=today". I received a message stating that
ADSM expected the tape "000056" to be mounted. A few seconds later
another message appeared stating that ADSM was unable to locate tape
"000056" in library stk9730.
Then I tried placing the db backup tape in the drive and ran the restore
again. This time I received the same message that ADSM expected tape
"000056" to be mounted. The next message stated that tape "000056" was
being unloaded. Then a message that ADSM could not locate tape "000056"
in library stk9730.

Does anyone have any ideas what I might be doing wrong or thoughts on
what to try?

Thanks
Bill Nowlin
CoComp Inc.