ADSM-L

Help for upgrade adsm server from ver 2 to ver 3

1998-10-15 21:31:21
Subject: Help for upgrade adsm server from ver 2 to ver 3
From: Julie Xu <a9500672 AT SP1.MACARTHUR.UWS.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 11:31:21 +1000
Dear everyone,

I am upgrading adsm server to ver 3 and I used machine SP2/AIX 4.2.1
According to the Quick Start menual, I have to run
        /usr/sbin/installp -u adsmserv

but it give me error:

                    Pre-deinstall Verification...
Verifying selections...done
Verifying requisites...done
Results...

WARNINGS
--------
  Problems described in this section are not likely to be the source of
  Problems described in this section are not likely to be the source of
any
  immediate or serious failures, but further actions may be necessary or
  desired.
  Not Installed
  -------------
  No software could be found on the system that could be deinstalled for
the
  following requests:

    adsmserv

  (The fileset may not be currently installed, or you may have made a
   typographical error.)

  << End of Warning Section >>
FILESET STATISTICS
------------------
    1  Selected to be deinstalled, of which:
    1  Selected to be deinstalled, of which:
        1  FAILED pre-deinstall verification
  ----
    0  Total to be deinstalled

Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
Name                      Level           Pre-installation Failure/Warning
Name                      Level           Pre-installation Failure/Warning
adsmserv                                  Nothing by this name to
adsmserv                                  Nothing by this name to
deinstall

I have also checked the old version:
lslpp -L all |grep adsm
  adsm.client.admin          2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Administrative
GUI
  adsm.client.api            2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Application
  adsm.client.base           2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Backup/Archive
  adsm.client.common         2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Client - Common Files
  adsm.license               2.1.5.6    C    ADSM Server License
Registration
  adsm.server.com            2.1.5.6    C    ADSM Server Common
  adsm.server.dev            2.1.5.6    C    ADSM Server Device Support
  adsm.server.util           2.1.5.6    C    ADSM Server Utilities
  adsmaixv3US.client.instp.obj
  adsmaixv4US.client.instp.obj
  adsmbook.clients.obj       2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Library - Clients - U.S.
  adsmbook.server.obj        2.1.0.2    C    ADSM Library - AIX Server -
U.S.
  adsmos2US.client.dskf.obj  2.1.0.2    C    ADSM OS2 Client dskf Image -

Question:
How can I remove old version at this stage???
Can I install new version without remove old version???

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie