ADSM-L

Re: Checkout with ADSM V3.1.2, STK ACSLS and 9740

1998-10-15 12:17:07
Subject: Re: Checkout with ADSM V3.1.2, STK ACSLS and 9740
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:17:07 -0400
I am running ADSM V2 on AIX with Enhanced Server and ACSLS with a 9710, so
the setup is a bit different, but this information may help you:

With ADSM V3, check the latest README file for device support.  Or from the
ADMIN command line, enter HELP CHECKOUT.
On the AIX server, version 3.1.1.1 (I think) added a parm to the  CHECKOUT
command called BULK=YES.
That should cause ADSM to detect and use the other CAP slots.  If not, you
have a bug and should report it to IBM.

If you can't get around it in the short term, it is possible to write a UNIX
shell script that will query ADSM and get the volsers you want to check out,
run the CHECKOUT command to update ADSM's library inventory, then invoke
ACSLS to force the eject.  Messy, but possible.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert