ADSM-L

Re: odbc access to server

1998-10-14 13:51:16
Subject: Re: odbc access to server
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 13:51:16 -0400
Hi Tina,

Try adding this line to AUTOEXEC.BAT:

   SET DSMG=C:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\ODBC\ADSM

Then reboot, open up an MS-DOS prompt, issue
the command SET, and see if DSMG shows up (it
should).

Now retry the connection and see if it works.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

I'm trying to set up the ODBC connection so I can look at my database
information via MS Query or MS Access.  All our clients are AIX and our
server(v3.1.12) is AIX (v4.2).

On my PC (Windows 95) I have installed the Admin client and ODBC driver.
When I try to select the data source from MS Query, I get this message:

        ADSM:  The message repository cannot be found!  Please ensure you
have defined environment variable DSMG_DIR pointing to the directory that
message repository resides.  Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV
failed.

I can't find anything about DSMG_DIR and where to set it on my PC.  Does
anybody out there know what to do?  The only references I can find for it is
in regards to OS/2.

Any help will be appreciated.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics