ADSM-L

DLT Tape libraries with ADSM

1998-10-13 15:47:39
Subject: DLT Tape libraries with ADSM
From: "Alexander, Robert" <ralexander AT SHL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 12:47:39 -0700
Hi everyone,

We currently have 2 BreeceHill Q47's (4 DLT4000 SE drives, 60 tape
capacity) attached to an RS6K model R50- we are running ADSM V3.1.2.0
and AIX V4.2.1...

The question is this- we are going to be adding an additional tape
library to the system to be able to process more data. At present, I am
considering StorageTek as a possible vendor because their products scale
relatively well (from what I can find).  Does anyone use TimberWolf
models 9710, 9714, or 9740? If so, what are your comments about its
performance? Price? Etc.?  Also, did you purchase it directly from
Storagetek or from a third party?  If you use another vendor's product
that has at least 4 or more DLT7000 drives and can hold at least 100+
tapes, what do you use and how do you like it??

I will sumarize the results if anyone is curious...  Thanks in advance!!

Robert

Robert Alexander
Robert Alexander
MCI Systemhouse