ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:52:21
We also find this very annoying.  Anything IBM could do to enhance this
would be great!

 (Embedded
 image moved   Jeff Connor <connorj @ NIMO.COM>
 to file:      10/13/98 02:10 PM
 pic00768.pcx)

To:   ADSM-L @ VM.MARIST.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Cheri Howard/AAL)
Subject:  Annoying Windows NT/95 GUI Quirk

Does anyone else find it a annoying when drilling down a large directory
tree with lots of files in the ADSM Windows NT/95 GUI Backup/Archive client
when you click on a + box or folder and it appears nothing is happening.  I
noticed at the bottom of the window you get a "displaying" message but it
is easy to miss.  I think the mouse pointer should change to an hour glass
like most other windows apps do when work is being performed.  I have some
users who are very confused by this and keep clicking over and over again
which seems to make getting a response from the interface even more
difficult.  The only way I know if there will be a response to what they
clicked on is to do a Q SESS command from the admin client and verify the
send counts keep increasing.  My ADSM environment is ADSM for MVS V3.1.1.3
and the Windows NT/95 clients are running version 3.1.0.3.  I'm thinking of
opening a problem or enhancement request on this and was wondering if
anyone else finds this quirk a pain in the tail..

Thanks

Jeff