ADSM-L

Combining two ADSM servers

1998-10-13 14:53:38
Subject: Combining two ADSM servers
From: "Roberts, Scott" <SRoberts AT ISI-MAIL.ISINET DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:53:38 -0400
I have to combine two ADSM V2.1.2 servers, one is running AIX 3.2.5, the
other is running AIX 4.3.1
The server running AIX 3.2 currently has 130 million objects, the
database is 15 GB. However this machine is scheduled to roll out of the
door. The second machine has 100K objects with a database of 12mb.
My plan is to do a DUMPDB to DLT on the large database.
EXPORT ALL to tape of the small database.
INSTALL and LOAD the large database onto the AIX 4.3.1 system
Then IMPORT all of the small system back onto the AIX 4.3.1 system.
I can then move the optical libraries and the DLT library to the newer
machine ( AIX4.3.1)
The server name, in fact the host name and IP address will be moved from
the AIX 3.2.5 system to the AIX 4.3.1 system. With care taken that the
won't be on the network at the same time.

Is thewre anything I'm missing. Is there a better way ???