ADSM-L

Re: IX79626

1998-10-13 05:19:22
Subject: Re: IX79626
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 11:19:22 +0200
Rolf,

thank you for that information. Since at least my ADSM server is not
crashing now (knock on wood), I prefer not to install the fix for IX79626.
In the meantime, I installed 3.1.2.0 on my test server; it does contain the
service aids you mention. So 3.1.2.0 contains the fix, after all?

But how to install 3.1.2.0? On my test server, I had the same problems as
described by Rich Lynch in another thread (missing filesets).

Hey IBM, what's up? Please give some hints, how to proceed.

Best regards,

Reinhard

Rolf Bogus writes:
 > Reinhard,
 >
 > > last weekend my ADSM server (3.1.1.5 on AIX 4.1) encountered the error
 > > described in IX79626 (ANR0104E imarins.c(1303): Error 1246208 deleting row
 > > from table "Archive.Descriptions".)
 > >
 > > Now, APAR IX79626 is closed, but the README for level 3.1.2.0 does not
 > > mention it. Is it included in 3.1.2.0? How should I proceed?
 >
 > APAR IX79626 is not fixed in level 3.1.2.0. There is a special efix
 > available in the fixtest directory based on ADSM 3.1.1.5.
 >
 > Due to a failure in the locking scheme your archive description tables
 > may contain errors. So you will have to fix these tables by (undocumented)
 > service aids, like "audit archdescriptions <nodename> fix=yes" or "dsmserv
 > auditdb archd fix=yes".
 >
 > We installed the efix for IX79626 and thought to have fixed all archive
 > description tables by running the service commands as above. A couple of
 > days later we got the same sort of errors in the archive description
 > tables as before. So the fix for IX79626 seems not to work.
 >
 > Even worse: expiration of an archive file without archive description or
 > a "delete filespace" containing an archive file without archive
 > description crashes the server with a core dump.
 >
 > Regards,
 > Rolf

 > Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
 > > Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
 > Universitaetsrechenzentrum
 > Im Neuenheimer Feld 293      phone: +49 (6221) 54 4507
 > D 69120 Heidelberg           fax:   +49 (6221) 54 5581
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfälische Wilhelms-UniversiReinhard
Mersch                        Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität
Zentrum für Informationsverarbeitung - ehemals Universitätsrechenzentrum
Roentgenstrasse 9-13, D-48149 Muenster, Germany    Tel: +49(251)83-31583
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                     Fax: +49(251)83-31653