ADSM-L

Re: IX79626

1998-10-12 12:26:33
Subject: Re: IX79626
From: Rolf Bogus <rolf.bogus AT URZ.UNI-HEIDELBERG DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 18:26:33 +0200
Reinhard,

> last weekend my ADSM server (3.1.1.5 on AIX 4.1) encountered the error
> described in IX79626 (ANR0104E imarins.c(1303): Error 1246208 deleting row
> from table "Archive.Descriptions".)
>
> Now, APAR IX79626 is closed, but the README for level 3.1.2.0 does not
> mention it. Is it included in 3.1.2.0? How should I proceed?

APAR IX79626 is not fixed in level 3.1.2.0. There is a special efix
available in the fixtest directory based on ADSM 3.1.1.5.

Due to a failure in the locking scheme your archive description tables
may contain errors. So you will have to fix these tables by (undocumented)
service aids, like "audit archdescriptions <nodename> fix=yes" or "dsmserv
auditdb archd fix=yes".

We installed the efix for IX79626 and thought to have fixed all archive
description tables by running the service commands as above. A couple of
days later we got the same sort of errors in the archive description
tables as before. So the fix for IX79626 seems not to work.

Even worse: expiration of an archive file without archive description or
a "delete filespace" containing an archive file without archive
description crashes the server with a core dump.

Regards,
Rolf

Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Rolf Bogus                   email: Rolf.Bogus AT URZ.Uni-Heidelberg DOT DE
Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293      phone: +49 (6221) 54 4507
D 69120 Heidelberg           fax:   +49 (6221) 54 5581