ADSM-L

Re: Identify volumes containg data for specific clients

1998-10-10 19:20:53
Subject: Re: Identify volumes containg data for specific clients
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 17:20:53 -0600
Try:
select volume_name from volumeusage where node_name in -
 (select node_name from nodes where domain_name='DEPTXYZ') and -
 stgpool_name='DLT_BACKUP_POOL' group by volume_name

or:
select volume_name from volumeusage where node_name in -
 ('NODE1', 'NODEB') and stgpool_name='DLT_XYZ_POOL' group by volume_name

The first assumes that all nodes for the department are in the DEPTXYZ
domain.  The 'and stgpool...' may be superfluous if you don't have
volumes in other stgpools to worry about (or if they are disk volumes
that you can easily ignore in the output).

If the volumes in DLT_BACKUP_POOL are not collocated, you may want to
make DLT_XYZ_POOL collocated, then do move data back to DLT_BACKUP_POOL
for volumes created in DLT_XYZ_POOL which don't belong.

Cheers...
Bruce