ADSM-L

delete RMAN backup object manually

1998-10-08 12:38:36
Subject: delete RMAN backup object manually
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 12:38:36 -0400
hi Eric,

you can use the sample program provided with the API.  I think you are on HP.
Is that right?  If it is, the sample API program is under /usr/adsm/api/sample.

 compile the make file
    $  make -f makefile.hp
    This will create an executable name 'dapismp'

 set the environment vars
   set DSMI_DIR, and DSMI_CONFIG

 start the program 'dapismp'
    -  signon(0) with the correct nodename, password.  Just hit enter for other
options.  If signon successful, you will get the value 1 for the handle.

     -  choose Utilities(7) and Backup Delete(1)
        Filespace:  /adsmorc
        Highlevel : /*
          Lowlevel : /<backup piece name>

    Just hit enter for the rest.

In order to delete these backup pieces, you have to have a special management
class.  Please refer to the agent user manual for how to setup the management
class.

I just want to remind you that this is only a sample program for the API
developer, not a supported utility.

regards,
Thiha