ADSM-L

Selectively archive old files on Netware

1998-10-06 12:16:24
Subject: Selectively archive old files on Netware
From: Larry Chisesi <lchisesi AT COCOMP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:16:24 -0600
Hello:

We are looking to archive files that haven't been accessed in over 90
days.  We are running Ver 3 on AIX and have several large Novell 4.11
servers that have lots of files that we can not just blow away yet, but
can archive under ADSM.  The problem is that most of the files are on
directories and subdirectories that contain files that are accessed and
won't be archived, so we can not include/exclude based on directories.
Has anyone worked with an inc/exc list that points to a list of files
(we could build that)?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry Chisesi
CoComp Tech Services