ADSM-L

MVS ADSM performance, I'm sure now...

1998-10-06 11:42:16
Subject: MVS ADSM performance, I'm sure now...
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 10:42:16 -0500
     Don't ask me why but having accounting set on KILLS adsm on mvs...

     Here are the data base backup times from the last 4 days.
     Can you tell on what day I "set accounting off"?

     10/3/98       4:37:04
     10/4/98       4:06:15
     10/5/98       4:31:14
     10/6/98       1:42:13

     the data base is about 8 GB

     this info is in addition to seeing the export of a 107GB client run 5
     times faster with accounting off...

     naturally, now that we've given up on MVS ADSM performance and
     switching ALL our clients over to our aix adsm servers do I figure out
     (possibly) why it was running sooooo sloooooooowwwwwwwwww!

     Hope this helps someone!

     later,
           Dwight