ADSM-L

Re: adsm 2.1 wnt server failure - anyone seen pkthread.c(2550) error

1998-10-05 20:48:42
Subject: Re: adsm 2.1 wnt server failure - anyone seen pkthread.c(2550) error
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 19:48:42 -0500
Leonard,

I'm sad to say that this may be another occurrence of IC20140 (or one of
its sysroutes).  The only thing that doesn't match up is the first
'Address' value (10008d66); this value has pretty consistently been
'101331ce' for me.

If this error occurred during an EXPORT SERVER or EXPORT NODE, then its
still probably a pretty good hit.  Unfortunately, you may not like the fix.

I reported the problem to IBM Support in July and was told I ought to
upgrade to V3 (note that IC20140 is a V3 APAR).  I pointed out to them that
V2 still had over 2 months of support and I wanted to see the problem fixed
in V2.  They said they'd think about coming out with a PTF 15 for NT but
did nothing, and finally told me two weeks ago that they had no plans to
fix the problem in V2.

I can't really give you a good circumvention.  I haven't seen the problem
when I ran exports consecutively (1 at a time) but I can't really afford to
do that so I can't say I gave that a really good test.

I haven't seen the problem occur in V3 although I've only been running at
that level for about a week.  I'll know more in a couple of weeks.

Good luck and thanks for the venting opportunity.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

SNOLEN AT VM.SAS DOT COM on 10/05/98 05:22:40 PM