ADSM-L

Re: Can a single node be co-located?

1998-10-03 11:26:03
Subject: Re: Can a single node be co-located?
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 1998 09:26:03 -0600
Try:
1)
adsm> select volume_name from volumeusage where node_name='MYNODE'
adsm> select volume_name from volumeusage where node_name='MYNODE'
output will be list of volumes
2) create a collocated temporary storage pool TEMP_COL
3) do a move data from each volume obtained in 1) to stg=TEMP_COL
4) for each volume created in TEMP_COL, do
adsm> q cont <vol> count=10
adsm> q cont <vol> count=-10
to confirm what node has data on each volume
5) do a move data for each volume of nodes that you don't need
collocated back to the original stgpool
6) at the end, you've left all of MYNODE's data in TEMP_COL

Note: if you've separated archive and backup data, restrict the volumes
that you operate on to those in the backup pool, so as not to waste time
on moving archive data.

Sound like a lot of work? Yes.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a command
like:
move data <vol> stg=<stgpool> node=MYNODE type=backup

I think so.  I've proposed it here before. :-)

Cheers..
Bruce