ADSM-L

Russell's Perl scripts - request

1998-10-01 14:40:53
Subject: Russell's Perl scripts - request
From: "Lane, Debbie" <Debbie.Lane AT INTERMEC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 11:40:53 -0700
Russell, I would like a copy of the Perl scripts you described.  Sorry, I
did not have your e-mail address, so I had to send this request to the ADSM
list.
Thanks,
Dlane AT intermec DOT com

Russell wrote:
As for useful Perl scripts: I have so far..
--> >  >
--> >  >- for our operations staff one that says which COPY
--> >  >- for our operations staff one that says which COPY
--> POOL volumes have
--> POOL volumes have
--> >  >filled over night, which need to be returned and how much spare
--> >  >filled over night, which need to be returned and how much spare
--> >  >capacity the tape pools have.
--> >  >capacity the tape pools have.
--> >  >
--> >  >
--> >  >- a "is ADSM feeling healthy" (db mirrors on line,
--> >  >- a "is ADSM feeling healthy" (db mirrors on line,
--> volumes in error
--> volumes in error
--> >  >state, ...)
--> >  >state, ...)
--> >  >
--> >  >
--> >  >- and one that produces daily emails to the end users
--> >  >- and one that produces daily emails to the end users
--> saying what
--> saying what
--> >  >happened last night and a summary to me as ADSM admin.
--> >  >happened last night and a summary to me as ADSM admin.
--> >  >
--> >  >
--> >  >- periodically reads the activity log and emails me any new and
--> >  >- periodically reads the activity log and emails me any new and
--> >  >"interesting" messages
--> >  >"interesting" messages
--> >  >
--> >  >
--> >  >I could share these if there are any takers.