ADSM-L

Re: Copy Storage Pools

1998-10-01 09:52:03
Subject: Re: Copy Storage Pools
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 09:52:03 -0400
BACKUP STGPOOL only backs up new files in the primary pool. It does not back up
the entire pool each time.

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

Hi all

This may seem like a bit of a simple question but please bear with me...

I have a primary storage pool of 150GB......it is only 50% utilized and
only grows by about 2-4 GB per day.....I also have a copy storage pool
of 100GB.....if I schedule a copy to be made of the primary pool every
day....does it backup all the data in the primary pool or only the data
that has changed?

Details - ADSM NT server 3.1 PTF 5
Magstar 3570 CO2 Tape Drive.
I am running incremental forever policy.

Thanks

Alex Fagioli

P.S I am writing my ADSM Certification tommorow...any tips??