ADSM-L

Reclamation takes ages

1998-10-01 08:23:04
Subject: Reclamation takes ages
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:23:04 +0200
Dear(s),

        I'm running ADSM on a NSM-3466 with "Magstar MP" drivers ... everything
fine with latest release (3.1.1.5), but the reclamation of a single
cassette can take up to 12 hours (!!), and this, with a reclamation
threshold set to 90%.

        I have the feeling that something funny is happening with the cassette
movements, because the CPU is not used at all (sar -u). This is becoming
a nuisance because my library has only three drives and two are now
permanently busy doing nearly nothing ...

        Is anybody experiencing the same problem?

Thank you

Mauro M. TINELLI
STMicroelectronics Srl - Agrate IT - System Management Team