ADSM-L

Problem deleting STGpool Volume of devclass DISK

2015-10-04 17:52:21
Subject: Problem deleting STGpool Volume of devclass DISK
From: Karl B. Molter [SMTP:molter AT FH-TRIER DOT DE]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Dear ADSM Administrators,

I am running ADSM Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 3, Release 1, Level 1.0
an the Modell F40.

While rearranging my DISK storage pools I encountered a serious problem when I
tried to delete some DISK volumes (random access storage pools).

The command

del vol /adsm/stg2/stg11

ends with the error message

ANS8001I Return code 13

I cannot find this in the message catalog.

In the activity log the corresponding entries is:

ANR2406E DELETE VOLUME: Volume /adsm/stg2/stg11 still contains data.

On the other hand a

query cont /adsm/stg2/stg11 gives:

ANR9999D dfqry.c(595): Missing row for bitfile 0.1209598.
ANR2034E QUERY CONTENT: No match found using this criteria.

EVen the discarddata option of the delet command does not help.

Does anyone have any suggestion how to delete the volume?

Best regards,
Karl Molter

--
     Dr. Karl Molter           Fachhochschule Trier
     Dr. Karl Molter           Fachhochschule Trier