ADSM-L

ADSM NT Service

2015-10-04 17:53:22
Subject: ADSM NT Service
From: Gail Johnson [SMTP:Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
We have ADSM on a Netstore box -- release 2.1.5.13 - 3575 Tape Unit --
One of my users is asking this question -- Does anyone out there have any
input on this question?

**********************
I'm trying to tie up some things which have lingered in my mind, before my
last day.  Here's a question.
When running the ADSM client as a service on NT versus running it from the
command prompt (which we did early on, but running as a service is better),
the DSMSCHED.LOG file doesn't seem to read the SCHEDLOGRETENSION entry in
DSM.OPT.  So the LOG file just grows forever.  Can you check with IBM and
see
if I'm doing something wrong?  or is there another setting to get the LOG
file
to overwrite when the NT Client is running as a service?