ADSM-L

Re: Clients writing directly to tape fail..

1998-09-29 12:02:50
Subject: Re: Clients writing directly to tape fail..
From: Larry Sanders <sanders AT SHOWME.MISSOURI DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 11:02:50 -0500
We had this same problem after upgrading to version 3 in June.  After
a lot of interaction with ADSM support, I was eventually told that this
problem is addressed by APAR IX80796.  I bypassed the problem by creating
a large enough disk storage pool that none of our clients backup directly
to tape.  I have been waiting impatiently for a PTF containing a fix, and
was led to believe by IBM that the fix would be in a September PTF.
Unfortunately, the 3.1.2.0 level of AIX server code that was recently made
available on the FTP site does not seem to contain the fix for that APAR,
according to the README.SRV.txt file.

Can anyone from IBM tell us when we can expect to see a fix for this
problem?

Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Larry Sanders                         Email:  cclrs AT showme.missouri DOT edu
Information and Access                Phone:  573 882-6002
     Technology Services
University of Missouri - Columbia