ADSM-L

Re: Web stuff

1998-09-29 10:03:09
Subject: Re: Web stuff
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 10:03:09 -0400
In <199809281913.PAA19956 AT rigel.dartmouth DOT edu>, on 09/28/98
   at 03:13 PM, Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU> said:

>I'm a die-hard CLI type, but am probably going to have to do
>_something_ GUIish for my operators...  How's the web interface? If I start
>the server with "dsmserv runfile" (from the v3 AIX
>Quick Start guide), can I still talk to it with the dsmadsm
>client?

>Also, I don't find the new web-based unix clients (rumored to be available
>on the 25th) yet - am I just looking in the wrong
>place?

>Thanks.

>Pat Wilson
>paw AT dartmouth DOT edu

I like the web admin client a lot, even though I still use the cmdline
mostly out of habit.  For new admins, especially operators, go with the web.

The new level 2 servers have enhanced the web admin a lot.  In fact, there
is an 'operations view' of the commands which can guide the operators to
what they need to do.

I run the server with "runfile" just once, the server stops by itself when
started with "runfile" (I have an os/30 server).

When installing the 3.1.2.0 code, you need to do an "upgradedb" step.

I think the web B/A client isn't available until 1/99.  The new server code
& enhanced web admin was available on the 25th (for os/390 at least).

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge, Ma.