ADSM-L

Novell and multiple NICS

1998-09-28 18:00:20
Subject: Novell and multiple NICS
From: Larry Chisesi <lchisesi AT COCOMP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 16:00:20 -0600
Hello:  We are trying to configure an AIX server (H50, part of a NSM
3466 package) to pick up a number of Novell clients that are in
different buildings.  We want the Novell  clients (mix of 3.X and 4.x)
to come into our ADSM server via specific NICS.  The problem we are
having is that it seems we are running more Novell services on the AIX
box then we want to:  we are broadcasting that we are a Novell server,
which is inviting people to log into us (not good here) and the NICS
seem to bleed into parts of the network we don't want them to.  How can
we force route, limit the IPX services we need, and disable the
broadcast from the AIX server?  Thanks!  Any pointers to specific
documentation would be appreciated!

Larry Chisesi