ADSM-L

Protocol errors

1998-09-28 13:41:36
Subject: Protocol errors
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:41:36 -0400
Has anybody seen or have any clues about what causes the following error???

ANR0406I Session 8707 started for node XXXXX (SUN SOLARIS)
ANR0443W Protocol error on session 8707 for node XXXXX
         (SUN SOLARIS) - invalid "high-level qualifier" field
         found in "BackDel" verb (offset 9).
ANR0443W Protocol error on session 8707 for node XXXXX
         SUN SOLARIS) - invalid "low-level qualifier" field found
         in "BackDel" verb (offset 13).
ANR0484W Session 8707 for node XXXXX (SUN SOLARIS)
         terminated - protocol violation detected.
ANR0406I Session 8710 started for node XXXXX (SUN SOLARIS)

It seems that deleting the ADSM filespace eliminates the problem but it also
deletes my backups... this really isn't acceptable.

My server is AIX 3.1.1.3 and the client is Solaris 3.1.0.3

Thanks for any assistance...

Tom Fluker
Viasystems Technologies