ADSM-L

Additional Library

1998-09-26 00:56:27
Subject: Additional Library
From: Naveed Mustafa <Naveed_Mustafa AT MCKINSEY DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:56:27 -0400
Hello there,

We will be acquiring an additional STK 9710 library to cater the
exponential growth in data that gets backed up everyday to ADSM.
Specially, one department, XYZ, within our organization pumps out almost
70% of the data backed up everyday.  Therefore, what we are thinking is
that we will dedicate this new library to XYZ's data.  Currently, we have
defined a separate disk and tape storage pools for this department.

Before we acquire the new library, I have some queries:

a.   How do we designate a library to perform tasks for a XYZ's tape
storage pools, mangement class and all nodes belonging to this management
class?

b.  The new library that we are in a process of acquiring will contain
DLT7000s, whereas,  DLT 4000s are attached to the only library we currently
posses.  How do we transfer data of department XYS from the tapes in the
current library to the new library?  Is there any format difference between
the tapes of DLT4000 and DLT7000?

c.   What sort of configuration setting will be required at the ACSLS
level?

Our current ADSM Server environment is ADSM Server 3.1.1.5 with ACSLS ver.
5.2

I would certainly appreciate if anyone can share their valuable thoughts on
the aforementioned questions.

Regards,
Naveed.